2017 PryorWild Tour Season: Make Your Plans Now!
Our tour season begins in May and will run through October. Our calendar is filling up fast, so please contact us and begin planning for a wild horse adventure of your own!
Use this information to help plan your trip:
Full Day Trip:
- Leaves from the Mustang Center at 9:00 a.m.
- Travel 20 minutes to the base of the Pryors, then head up the mountain via Burnt Timber Ridge Road.
- The views going up are fantastic and the view from the top is incredible.
The trip is rugged, but you will be comfortable as we climb to our 8400 foot destination.
Along the way, the sights will be fantastic. Plenty of photo opportunities.
Mustangs may be visible all along the way.
Groups of mares and stallions in their separate yet co-mingled style of existence.
The foals began making their appearance in April. Foal season continues throughout the summer.
There is also a possibility of seeing some black bear, Big Horn Sheep,
and in rare cases there may be a mountain lion sighting.
We’ll find a nice place to have lunch and most likely will be joined by several mustangs which will keep
a safe distance but yet allow you to be within their world.
We'll arrive back to the Mustang Center by 5:00.
"It will take less than a day to make dreams that will last a lifetime."
. . . . .
Photo Credits: Lori Pinder & Jimmy Virgo of New Jersey. Steve & Nancy Cerroni, Lovell, Wy.
Take a Walk on the
Visit our website:
PryorWild Tours Contact Information:
Steve & Nancy Cerroni
Email is the best way to get in touch with us.
Tour leaves from the
Pryor Mountain Wild Mustang Center
1106 Road 12
Lovell, WY 82431
Tour Dates & Times:
- May through October: Book now for 2017.
- Standard departure is 9:00 a.m.
- Some times can be adjustable to best meet your travel needs.
- Ask for our Sunset Tour option
- By reservation
Price per person: $195.00
- The weather in the Pryors is extreme. Plan for the weather with gear that will keep you as comfortable as possible. It is far easier to take off layers than need layers!
- We reserve the right to cancel trips at the last minute due to inclement weather. Please communicate with us on or right before the day of your tour to stay up-to-date on weather conditions.
Lunch & Snacks:
- Snacks for the way up
- Lunch at the top
- Water to drink (room in our coolers for your favorite nonalcoholic beverage)
- Please inform us of any special dietary requests prior to your trip.
- Good, solid shoes are recommended
- Always have a jacket/hats are recommended
- Cameras with a zoom/telephoto capability is ideal.
- Binoculars are very useful.
A Note on Changing Seasons:
As the weather changes, so does the pattern of wild horse behavior. In the spring and the fall, the horses are spread out over the horse range. This time of year often requires some hiking to find the horses. But what a reward when we do find them! Please discuss this with us as you make plans to visit.
While in the area, stay at...
We are now offering “The Bunkhouse” for our guests. Completely modern facility
located on our ranch. Convenient to town yet out in the country. Beautiful view of
Queen bed and roll away option.
$95.00 per night.
A note of thanks for our wonderful visit with you and the mustangs. In the 5,000 miles we traveled across eight states, our visit to you was the major highlight. I look forward to getting back at some stage.
Belfast, Northern Ireland
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
In September 2013, we had the best vacation ever - visiting the Pryor Mustangs. With Steve and Nancy as our guides, we saw close to 100 horses that day! It was a once in a lifetime experience. So many times I was on the verge of tears from the beauty of the horses and scenery. Watching the bands interact – and especially Cloud standing his ground against several bachelor stallions - was incredible.
Steve and Nancy are extremely warm and welcoming. Without their knowledge of the horses and the mountains, we never would have had the trip we had. Can’t wait to visit again. See you in June!
Lori & Jimmy